I have a lot of goals in life, but the one that I think about the sometimes would be my writing goals. My goal in writing would be to learn how to use more creative words, and to expand my vocabulary so that I don't use the same word over and over again. I would also like to enjoy writing more, because right now I don't really enjoy writing that much because when I write I feel like I am forced to write. In past classes I had to write many different papers, I had to write a persuasive essay, a creative story(which is my favorite type of paper to write) , an informative paper, and a piece of poetry.In my social studies class I had to write a 5 paragraph essay every quarter. When I am by myself sometimes I like to write poems.
Hi CJ,
ReplyDeleteNice to hear that you sometimes write poems…that’s a great way to work on your goals of finding a more creative and descriptive vocabulary.
It sounds as if you’ve had a lot of practice with writing. And I can sympathize with your not enjoying it much when you are “forced to write.” I can’t guarantee that it will be much different this year, but I hope you’ll at least find some freedom in the topic choice.
Your pre-assessment presented a fast paced description of your first game of the season. You communicated your frustration and disappointment at that game and that season. What was missing was some reaction/characterization of the other players on the team. Since your focus was your feeling of being the “only one on the team” it seems incomplete when the reader doesn’t get any detail about the other players, other than the fact that they weren’t stepping up. Did they not care? Were they not good enough? How did they respond to you? Your essay hints at some conflict there, but it is not developed in the piece.
I think your idea bank could have used more effort. Each one includes words that describe feelings but there is no real specific detail that would help the idea bank provide you with topics and ideas for future writing.
mrs s