Thursday, September 10, 2009

Rough draft

Woosh! A blast of heat hits your face with the smell of garlic and shoyu boiling in a pot. Thats what used to happen to me when I came home from practice. I would always check to see what mom was making for dinner when I walked in the door. Every time I smelt the mixture of garlic and shoyu, a grin would just come across my face because I knew what was cooking up in our kitchen. My mom knows what that i would "scarf" down her shoyu chicken , thats why she likes to make it on special occasions only because it just makes the special occasions all the more special.
The best part about it was that every night she did make it I was always in happy mood, I knew that I would enjoy dinner. I used to especially enjoy it when she would make it when w would have our little dinners on the beach, its like the saltiness of the water would compliment the light saltiness of the chicken. I mean it had that fall off the bone feeling when you bite into it. My mom said that the time she remembers making it was our first team dinner, she said "This was the moment that I realized that my son is actually in high school.".
She would throw the chicken into a pot of boiling shoyu garlic. It would then simmer for about a half an hour, then she would boil some corn with butter and water. She then sprinkle a dash of salt and Pepper on the boiling chicken. Then you "dig" in!

1 comment:

  1. Hey CJ

    This is a very interesting essay and you make some very strong points abuot your moms chicken. It really sounds good and i wish i could have had some at the teram dinner :)
    Its a little short, but overall a good essay.

    ReplyDelete